Win a year's subscription of FREE Scilly flowers
Thank you for all your jokes it did help to keep us going through a very busy December. With our help Lorrie chose her favorite 50 jokes and where there were doubles of the same joke we entered those people as well. We then randomly chose one winner.
And the winner of a year's worth of flowers is:
Debbie Edwards from Surrey
Her joke was one of the most popular.
Q: Why was the snowman looking through the carrots?
A: He was picking his nose!
A special mention (and a box of flowers) must go to Jean Bryant from Suffolk who came up Lorrie's absolute favorite joke.
Q: Where are vegetarian pasties made?
A: In Quornwall!
Our favorite jokes:
Q: How do you turn vegetable soup into gold?
A: Add 14 carrots!
Q: What is brown and sticky? -
A: A stick!
Q: What is the difference between a cat and a comma?
A: One has claws at the end of its paws. The other is a pause at the end of a clause!
Q: What do you call a one-legged donkey?
A: A wonky!
Q: Why do squirrels swim on their backs?
A: To keep their nuts dry!
This competition has now closed. Thank you to everyone who took part.
Share your best joke...
...we all need cheering up. Tell us your best, family-friendly, one-liner style cracker joke and you could win a year's subscription of flowers - 12 boxes of 40 flowers. We are only accepting one joke person so pick carefully.
Your joke needs to be with us by midnight on Thursday 10th December. Our team member Lorrie, who keeps us all smiling with corny jokes, will pick her 50 favorite jokes and from those we will randomly draw the winner. Enter by filling in the form below and writing your joke in the 'My answer is' box.
(Full terms and conditions below the form)
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Churchtown Farm, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Entries may be made electronically by filling in the form correctly on this page, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: Churchtown Farm, St Martin's, Isles of Scilly, TR25 0QL.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or illegible entries will not be accepted. Entries, where the content of the joke is deemed in any way to be offensive, will be disregarded.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted and no purchase from Churchtown Farm is required to enter.
- From the complete entries received by the close of the competition the 50 best jokes, as judged by a designated employee of Churchtown Farm, will be decided. From these 50 jokes, a winner will be drawn. If there are multiple entries with the same or very similar jokes that are judged to be in the top 50 all of those entries will be put in the draw but it this will only count a 1 of the 50 best jokes.
- The winners will be notified within 14 days of the closing date of the competition. Every effort will be made to contact the winners but if they do not reply within 10 days the prize will be forfeited.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity and their name and locality will be displayed on this webpage.
- The name and county of winners may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, requesting this information and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to Churchtown Farm, St. Martin's, Isles of Scilly, TR25 0QL.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication. This prize is non-transferable.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Churchtown Farm and accordingly the Partners of Churchtown Farm may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the competition or prize and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Partners of Churchtown Farm as a result thereof.
- The decision of the Partners of Churchtown Farm is final on all matters and we will not enter into further correspondence
- By entering the prize draw all participants will be deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.